Expert guidance by our Travel experts
Find cheap flights to Toronto Pearson Airport
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Toronto Pearson Airport
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Toronto Pearson Airport is November.
- Pearson International Airport (YYZ) serves the greater Toronto area of Canada, plus the surrounding Golden Horseshoe region, from Niagara Falls up to Lake Ontario, then back down and around to Durham.
- A unique feature of Pearson Airport is the permanent art and sculpture displays throughout the airport. Terminal 3 also has a film exhibition courtesy of the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Niagara Falls is the most famous tourist attraction near Pearson Intl. To get there you can catch a train from the airport to Toronto Union Station, and then switch to Megabus Canada. The total travel time is around 3 h 15 min.
- Pearson Airport has seating areas in all terminals where you can use iPads while you’re waiting to board your flight. Usage is free of charge.
FAQs - booking Toronto Pearson Airport flights
How far is Toronto Pearson Intl Airport from central Toronto?
You’ll need to travel 19 km to reach the Toronto city centre from Toronto Pearson Intl Airport.
What is the name of Toronto’s airport?
There is only 1 airport in Toronto, called Toronto Pearson Intl Airport (YYZ). It can also be referred to as Pearson Intl, Toronto Pearson, or Toronto Pearson Intl.
What is the best way to get from Pearson Intl to central Toronto?
You can get to Toronto city centre from Pearson Intl in about 25 min on the hourly UP Express train to Union Station. Or catch a GO Transit No 34 bus from Terminal 1 to the Yonge Street stop. This will take just over 1 h.
What relaxation is available at Pearson Intl after a long flight?
There are cafés and coffee shops, a Pet Relief area and a nursing room to recuperate after your flight. Children can release pent-up energy in one of the play areas. Or treat yourself in the on-site spa. Mobile charging points are in all boarding gate waiting areas.